Are you tired of spending money on leads that don't pan out? It's time to try a new approach: generating leads for your agency without spending a single dollar.
Many successful agencies rely solely on referrals, but this can lead to a famine-based sales mindset where you're forced to accept any project that comes your way, regardless of whether it's a good fit for your business. Instead of hoping for the best, it's time to take a proactive approach to finding new leads.
So, who is your ideal client? Who do they talk to on a regular basis, both personally and professionally? What other businesses do they turn to for help? What media and content do they typically consume? By targeting these secondary connections, you can connect and network with your ideal clients in a more impactful way.
After reading this blog post, you’re going to walk away with:
- A list of the best places to find and network with your ideal clients (that barely costs a $1).
- New strategies to start filling your agency’s sales pipeline with projects that you’re enthusiastic about (not cheap ones you take out of desperation).
- Newfound confidence to make more revenue in 2023.
Time to get to know your ideal client.
First, make a list of people who fit the description of your ideal client. These could be industry influencers, business owners in complementary industries, or even personal connections of your ideal client. Once you have your list, it's time to start reaching out.
One effective approach is to send an email introducing yourself and mentioning how you found them (e.g. through a referral or on a specific industry website). Mention that you'd like to connect to discuss how you can help each other grow. Keep the focus on THEM and how your services compliments their mission, and make it clear how you can add value to their business or network. If they don't show interest, they may not be a good candidate for a referral.
Another option is to connect with these secondary connections on social media or through professional networking events. By building relationships and consistently providing value, you can increase your chances of being referred to your ideal clients.
Where’s the best place to start?
Need some inspiration of where to start looking? Consider these hot lead sources to source potential new clients:
- Social media: Many businesses use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to connect with potential clients and partners.
- Industry forums and online communities: There are many online communities and forums focused on specific industries, which can be a great place to find potential clients.
- Networking events: Attending local networking events or industry conferences can be a great way to meet potential clients in person.
- Guest blogging: Writing guest blogs for industry-specific websites or blogs can be a great way to showcase your expertise and attract potential clients.
- Podcast guests: Being a guest on a relevant podcast can be a great way to showcase your expertise and attract potential clients.
- Cold outreach: While it can be intimidating, reaching out to potential clients directly via email or phone can be a great way to find new business.
Partnering with complementary businesses: Partnering with businesses that serve the same target audience but offer different services can be a great way to find new clients.
It's important to remember that not every connection will turn into a lead. That's why it's important to be proactive and continually build your network. By targeting secondary connections and focusing on adding value, you can generate leads without spending any money and connect with your ideal clients in a more meaningful way. Don't rely on hope as your business strategy - start being proactive and finding leads through other businesses your clients use.